25 June, 2009

Slow Cooker??

Well I have done it...purchased a slow cooker, now I am not a person who enjoys stew's but with the economic side of things and the price of meats going up. I have purchased one of these lil' babies. But have found a whole new world of cooking with this. Here is a website I have found that is stacked with heaps of recipes Slow Cooker Recipes - SlowAndSimple.com fingers crossed that I will enjoy cooking with this new kitchen tool? If you have any other online sites that are good for recipes for a slow cooker then please put the link in the comments so I can go for a visit and get some more ideas on what to create :)
*linda

4 comments:

Lisa - Mum to Mitch,Harry and Jack said...

I LOVE my slow cooker and can strongly recommend some of the mixes you can now get especially for slow cookers (like a Maggi mix). Just made the Farmhouse Chicken one and it was delish. This is an easy alternative on those days when you need to throw something together easily. Also Spag bol. sauce is delicious and I ad heaps of grated veges including brussel sprouts, carrots and mushrooms and the boys can't tell.

Have fun,
Lisa xx

Unknown said...

I have seen those packets and will have to get some next shop. I just love the idea of putting dinner on in the morning & then having it all cooked by the time I need it. Especially with my sleeping patterns hopefully will make like a little more easier in the afternoons?
That is a good idea about the Spag though....will have to use that one to get vegies into my boys ha ha ha

Maxine said...

A slowcooker is a mother's and scrapbookers best friend. I have two :)

You can cook anything from stew, casseroles, spaghetti, curry, roast and lasagne.

The more you play the more you will enjoy. I would be lost without mine.

Unknown said...

A lasagna Maxine......hmmmm might have to get you to tell me how you do that in this lil' machine!
Thank you for the ideas