11 January, 2011

Our Area + New Beginnings

Now I love nature and all her glory but geez I am not liking these guys at the moment. They are laughing their heads off & probably loving all this rain we are having. They are feasting on all the worms that are coming up from the boggy wet ground. Here is a photo of one of my locals laughing....again
With all this wet weather though, my newly planted veggie patch is thriving. The tomato's are going great guns and are starting to form their lovely fruit.
And the strawberries are going great also. Hubby went to our other house to clean up & mow etc and thought he would bring our old strawberry plants back. They are now doing really well, might be all the rain + the lovely new yummy soil they can dig their roots into now.
Now here is something that has blown me away. I pushed the seeds in for our Beans the day we finished putting the dirt into the veggie patches and already we have 7 plants shooting up. This is fantastic and I can't wait to have fresh beans in our stir-fry for dinner. Taste so much nicer when fresh mmm..
Went to our local Woolies and thought I would take the camera with me also. This bridge I am standing on is our local entry to the Spring Mountain estate. Our only main access to the estate mind you. And yesterday she FLOODED over, today it has gone down quite a bit but still a long way till back to normal.
I hope all those affected know that we love them and to stay safe n dry. If your needing assistance to give us a call. We don't know if you don't call. Have txt'd family and all safe so far.

No comments: