
This month we had a goal of starting out Veggie patches as with Christmas I received a heap of seeds for some lovely herbs but also noticed that on the back fence (the white one you can see) the
re was 2 tomato plants growing. So I have been looking after them and then transplanted them to our new veggie patches.
We purchased these great 4 patches when we first moved in and have been trying to make up our minds to where we were going to make their home permanent.
So we have finally made the decision and ordered the soil + moved the railway sleepers we have around the yard to make a nice area for the Mulberry trees we are going to plant in the area.
We did have a bit of a scare though. Hubby thought he saw a brown snake in the mulch, and went after it. With his digging we soon found out that it was only a leg-less lizard but we did find some hidden treasures which it had layed. We found all these eggs and have nicely put them into a tank with heat to hopefully raise and release more leg-less lizards. But crap me when we first saw the brown slithery thing we shit ourselves.
We showed the boys and also warned them about staying safe in our "country garden" also made us a little more wary about where we live again as we became quite relaxed with it all.
I have been a busy bee creating my calendars for the in-laws and my parents (still have to make myself one also hehe) I use those calendars with the "notice board" (which don't work too well with the markers) and cover them with recent photographs of the boys and normally an extra Christmas gift but this year with all that has been happening, I completely forgot - naughty me. But have completed this one below for the in-laws ready to send and my parents have received theirs already.. Not much scrapbooking has been happening of late with all the work we have been doing around here, I haven't had time..sadly! Have a good nite.. Linda
No comments:
Post a Comment