02 April, 2008

**LOOK WHAT I MADE**

Well I have been on a mission for the last couple of weeks trying to find a cheaper option to the Ribbon Bag which I saw at the Paper Craft Show for $40 *ouch* And today I can reveal what I have created....woo hoo....
Step 1.
Purchase a gift bag from Woolworths for $12.00 this comes with different set's of plate, cup and bowl. I thought the kids would use the Nemo ones which ment I got a green bag... (p.s - found this in the picnic / disposable plates, napkin section)

Step 2.
Mark 2cms apart where you are planning to put your holes. I have marked these with a CD/DVD pen as it is a permanent marker and doesn't rub off easily.

Step 3.
Raid the DH's shed for a Drill and a bit that is the biggest that he had and a block of wood to drill into.

Step 4.
Now you need to clean up the holes in the plastic as they are not perfect by no mean's.....but easily fixed with a bit of a flame and a metal skewer. Just heat up the skewer and slowly clean up the holes by melting the edges nicely.
Then all you need to do is go and find all your ribbons and starting from the bottom add your ribbons.....

HOPE YOU LIKE AND ENJOY TRYING TO MAKE YOUR OWN

5 comments:

cynthaea said...

Ooo great idea!
I was thinking you could even use large two piece eyelets for the holes it would reinforce and provide a nice sized area for the ribbon to pass through.

Shazz said...

oh linda....what a fabbo idea and a cheap alternative too...i am VERY impressed by your ingenuity.
and your LOs have been just stunning lately...i hope you have given more thought to submitting your lovely work

have a great thursday xxoo

niss said...

cool idea Linda, you clever chicken!

Marie said...

too clever!!!!!!!

MrsDesperate said...

Hi Linda,
Love your blog - very impressive. I particularly like the pic of R on 'you are loved' and of the boys. Too funny!
You will have to check out my blog now ...